It is rich in fibre and protein and can be used whole or ground to add colour and flavour to a dish. It is often used in the Ayurvedic tradition to treat flatulence and aid digestion. The other benefits mentioned below make it a vital culinary ingredient.
– It is considered good for join pains and muscular problems
– Mace contains essential minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc etc
– It is considered a great stimulator for the brain, helping relieve mental stress and exhaustion
– It is an important component in cold and cough remedies
– Due to its antiseptic properties, it is used in toothpastes
– It is believed to aid digestion and improve blood circulation