Haldiram’s Moong Dal Masala is a lightly fried and spiced Indian snack that is healthy and great to munch on!
Mung dal is also known “Green Gram” which is dried split mung with husk. Mung dal is most popular dal used in Indian cuisine. They are tiny split green lentils are wonderful in curries and fritters. Mung dal is very nutritious and energy giving food. Mung dal is one of the easiest dals to digest and for this reason it is often given to people recovering from an illness, specially a stomach upset.Mung dal are used to prepare varieties of Indian recipes such as Mung dal spicy curries, Mung dal khichri, Mung dal Tarka, Vada, dosa, and rasam are some of the very popular and delicious Indian dishes made from Mung dal chilka. Roasted Mung dal are powdered into flour is used in making tasty and traditional Indian dessert (sweets: Mung dal laddu, halwa) Recipes made from mung dal is delicious, nutritious and easily digested.
Indian recipe: Mung dal vada
Recipe Ingredient for Mung dal Vada(Split Green Gram with Skin):
• One spring Coriander leaves
• 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
• 4 cup Curd
• 1 stripe Curry Leaves
• 2 tablespoon Ghee
• 1/2 teaspoon chopped Ginger
• 2 Green Chillies chopped
• 2 cup Green gram with husk
• 200gram Oil for deep frying
Preparation Method for Mung dal Vada(Split Green Gram with Skin):
• Soak the green gram over night.
• Grind it into hard and thick paste.
• Add salt and pinch of Asafoetida .
• Heat oil in a frying pan.
• Make medium sized Vadas with the dough and fry them until brown.
• Put them in water for about 5 minutes and squeeze (carefully) each to remove as much water as possible.
• Beat the curd and add the vadas to it. Keep aside.
• Make a frying pan, put ghee in it and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chilies, curry leaves, ginger and splutter well.
• Add the above seasoning to the curd – vada bowl.
• Allow to become tender and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves.
Other Indian recipe made from mung dal chilka :
Mung dal tarka, Moong dal dosa, Mung dal pakore, Moong dal Khichri, Mung dal Khachori, Mung dal salad, Mung dal with mix vegetable, Mung dal Curry, Moong dal paratha, Mung dal cheela, Mung dal chilka, Rasam
Other Indian names for Mung dal chilka are:
Green gram dal, Mung dal ,Pesara pappu, Payaru, Hesaru bele, Mooga Dalee, Cheru Payaru.