Javitri Mace is the dried, reddish covering of the nutmeg seed. It has a finer aroma than nutmeg but is equally distinct in taste and is used to flavour lasagnas, soups, cakes etc. It is rich in fibre and protein and can be used whole or ground to add colour and flavour to a dish. It is often used in the Ayurvedic tradition to treat flatulence and aid digestion. The other benefits mentioned below make it a vital culinary ingredient.
– It is considered good for join pains and muscular problems
– Mace contains essential minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, zinc etc
– It is considered a great stimulator for the brain, helping relieve mental stress and exhaustion
– It is an important component in cold and cough remedies
– Due to its antiseptic properties, it is used in toothpastes
– It is believed to aid digestion and improve blood circulation