Fresh Ivy Gourd (Tindoori), 500g approx.
Ivy Gourd is a tropical plant popularly cultivated and consumed in India, China, Malaysia and other Asian and African countries.
It is known by several names, including baby watermelon, little gourd, Kundru, Tindora or Tindola (in Hindi), etc. You can prepare it as a dry, stir-fried vegetable or with a gravy.
Botanical name of Ivy gourd is coccinia grandis, a perennial herbaceous vine. Ivy gourd is a tropical plant in the pumpkin family and is an aggressive climbing vine that can spread quickly over trees, shrubs, fences and other supports. It is an outdoor plant but prefers a sunny sheltered position and a sandy soil. Being a perennial plant, it can spread vegetative or by seed.
– It is believed to be helpful in controlling blood sugar.
– It is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial.
– It contains protein, dietary fibre and beta-carotene.
- AFRICAN PRODUCTS
- FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- INDIAN FOOD PRODUCTS
- Drinks and juices
- flavouring essence
- Ghee and oil
- Instant mixes
- Not indian sauces
- Pickles and Chutneys, Pastes, Sauces and Pulps
- Ready to eat products
- Spices and condiments
- to be selected