Coconut Milk Health Benefits
One of the interesting coconut milk nutrition facts is that it contains a very high level of saturated fats, but the saturated fats found in coconut milk are mainly short and medium chain fatty acids, which are usually not stored by the body as fats. Instead, such short and medium chain fatty acids have been found to provide instant energy to the body. Apart from these fatty acids, coconut milk contains many other essential nutrients, which can be attributed for several health benefits. Some of the most important benefits of coconut milk are explained below:
- A major part of the fats found in coconut milk is lauric acid, which has been found to exhibit antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. This fatty acid can boost the immune system and its disease fighting ability.
- Lauric acid can also be helpful in maintaining the elasticity of the blood vessels and in keeping them clean, which can lower the risk for conditions like, atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- Coconut milk also contains several antioxidant compounds, which can provide protection against the harmful free radicals and their damaging effects on the body cells and tissues.
- Coconut milk can improve the health of the digestive system and promote digestion. It can relieve the symptoms of stomach ulcers and acid reflux disease as well.
- Coconut milk can give about 22% of the recommended daily allowance of iron. With such a high level of iron, it can help to treat anemia caused by iron deficiency.
- Apart from these, coconut milk may help to relax the nerves and the muscles, control blood sugar level, lower blood pressure and reduce joint inflammation.
Benefits of Coconut Milk For Hair
Coconut milk can have benefits for hair as well. In fact, it is increasingly used for hair care of late. It contains vitamin E and fats, which can prove effective in moisturizing hair. Fresh coconut milk can nourish hair and promote hair growth. It can be used for controlling excessive hair fall as well.
Benefits of Coconut Milk on Skin
Along with hair care, coconut milk can be used for skin care as well. It can be used for cleansing the skin pores by removing dirt and excess sebum. When used for skin care, coconut milk can give soft and supple skin and a radiant complexion. Coconut milk can also remove the dead cells from the skin by acting as a gentle exfoliating agent. At the same time, it helps to keep the skin well hydrated and moisturized as well.
The aforementioned information should now help you understand that the relationship between coconut milk and health is a good one, as well as various benefits of coconut milk for hair and skin care. This nutritious milk can be consumed safely by people who are lactose intolerant or have allergy to cows’ milk. Coconut milk is also soy and gluten free and so, people allergic to such substances can also use it.
Coconut Milk and Health Facts
- Doctors recommend coconut milk for health.
- Coconut milk health benefits are mentioned in Traditional Medicine for the human body. It is also used for the treatment of mouth ulcers.
- Coconut milk has many minerals, vitamins and electrolytes such as calcium, potassium and chloride.
- Coconut is a dairy free alternative to those who are lactose intolerant and are also allergic to animal milk. This milk is also nut free, soy free and gluten free.
- It is known to relieve the symptoms of sore throat.
- It is good for the health of your skin and hair. Many cosmetic giants use it as a base in products for skin and hair.
- Apply coconut milk to the scalp to have dandruff free hair and condition your hair naturally.
- Coconut milk is a reservoir of antioxidants. Antioxidants help the body fight aging, low vision and low bone density.
- It also aids in digestion and is also used as a laxative. It can also be a remedy for urinary and kidney problems.
- If your skin has been exposed to the harsh rays of the sun for a long period and this has caused a rash or a sunburn; coconut milk is an instant healer. Have a bath in coconut milk or apply the milk to the rash and leave it overnight; the milk has cooling properties that will help get rid of the dryness and itchiness of the rash. Wash it off in the morning with cold water.
- Coconut milk is an excellent source of Vitamin E. It helps in the nourishment of the skin. You benefit from it in both ways by consuming or by applying the milk to your skin.
Coconut Milk Has Healthy Fats
- Coconut milk is a good source of natural fat for the body.
- The saturated fat content in coconut is made up of short and medium chain fatty acids.
- These fatty acids are quickly converted in to energy instead of storing as fat in the body.
- The medium chain fatty acids present in coconut milk are full of lauric acid.
- Lauric acid is anti fungal, anti viral and anti microbial. Coconut milk helps to boost your immune system.
- Lauric acid present in coconut milk, helps to keep the arteries of the heart clean and healthy.
- The sugar content of coconut milk is high.
- One glass of coconut milk fulfills the sugar need of the body.
There are no reviews yet.