What is Heera Sona Masoori Rice
- Sona Masoori rice, also known as Sona Masuri is a white, medium-grain rice, grown in the southern states of India, mainly in Andra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Sona Masuri is considered the pride of Andhra Pradesh and symbolizes Andhra cuisine. Sona Masoori Grain is strong and doesnt easy turn to mush due to its high fibre contents.
- Sona Masoori Rice is lightweight, aromatic and is a premium quality rice. Sona masoori is a bit starchy and needs to be rinsed before cooking.
- Sona Masoori Rice contains lower starch than Basmati rice and is considered as healthy, easier to digest
Where is Heera Sona Masoori Rice used?
- Sona Masuri rice is best suited to prepare pulihora/chitrannam/pulao type preparations, as well as well suitaed as accompaniment to Dal (pappu), Sambar, Rasam and Yogurt.
- Traditionally, Sona Masuri rice is served with dal and ghee, mixed together and served with along with Rice or Sabudana papad.
Notes about Heera Sona Masoori Rice
- Cooking Sona Masuri is simple, and straight forward. Either, pressure cooker, rice cooker or stove-top in a pan works fine. Add one cup of rice with three cups of water. There’s no need to soak before cooking.
- Since Sona Masoori Rice contains lower starch than Basmati rice, it is easier to digest and considered to be more healthy rice in Southern India.