Pink Peanuts – TRS, 375g
Good things come in small packages, goes the saying. It certainly holds true for peanuts. This crunchy, golden-brown legume, also known as Groundnut, is considered a Superfood. It is a popular sweet or salty snack.
– Peanuts can be enjoyed roasted, boiled, salted, or sweetened.
– Roasting the peanuts not only enhances their taste but augments antioxidants levels like p-coumaric acid, and helps remove toxic aflatoxin.
– Peanut chutney or paste can be made by grinding together peanuts, chilli peppers, coriander leaves, garlic, mustard seeds, and salt.
– They can be added to Upma, Poha (chivda) or Puliogare rice to give the snack / dish a crunchier taste.
– They can be ground to a paste and added to a gravy to thicken it.
– It can be added to any main dish where nutty flavour and a bit of crunch is required by roasting and grinding it. Keep it a bit grainy to have the flavour distinguishable.
– Peanuts are packed with essential micronutrients, mono-unsaturated fats, antioxidants, dietary fibre, protein and energy.
– They are a rich source of Vitamin E and minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium etc.
Storage: Store the peanuts in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
1. Rinse 1 cup sabudana a few times in water. Drain excess water leaving just a little to help soften it.
2. Dry roast 3/4 cup skinned peanuts until they become crisp. Set aside to cool. Then grind it to get a grainy texture.
4. Mix the ground peanuts, salt and (½ to 1 tsp) sugar, 1 tbsp. lemon juice with the drained sabudana pearls.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil and crackle 1 tsp cumin with 1 chopped green chilli. Add the sabudana – peanuts mixture and sauté for 5 minutes on low flame stirring continuously till cooked.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- AFRICAN PRODUCTS
- FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- INDIAN FOOD PRODUCTS
- Drinks and juices
- flavouring essence
- Ghee and oil
- Instant mixes
- Not indian sauces
- Pickles and Chutneys, Pastes, Sauces and Pulps
- Ready to eat products
- Spices and condiments
- to be selected