Moth Beans – TRS, 500g
Moth Beans, pronounced as ‘Moat’ and commonly known as ‘Matki’ in India, are beans with a brown skin and a brownish-yellow interior. They taste delicious as a regular dal or as sprouts. (The Moth beans can be soaked overnight, then tied in a moist cloth for 10-12 hours and left to sprout.)
– Matki Sprouts can be cooked with the spices, onions, garlic, ginger and tomatoes and can be served with roti, rice, naan etc.
– The sprouts can be added to the chats.
– Moth beans can be used to prepare vegetable stews and soups.
– Matki sprouts have a greater concentration of vitamins, minerals, proteins and enzymes.
– Moth beans are high in fibre, low in calories and rich in nutrients. Hence they are often an important component in a diet plan.
– They are a good source of vitamin E, potassium, and iron which help fight hair problems.
– They also help in increasing immunity.
– When sprouted, Moth Beans contain a lot of antioxidants.
Storage: Store the dal in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
- AFRICAN PRODUCTS
- FRESH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- INDIAN FOOD PRODUCTS
- Drinks and juices
- flavouring essence
- Ghee and oil
- Instant mixes
- Not indian sauces
- Pickles and Chutneys, Pastes, Sauces and Pulps
- Ready to eat products
- Spices and condiments
- to be selected