– Cashew paste or fine powder, prepared in an instant by grinding it with a mortar and pestle, is a wonderful ingredient added to certain Indian curries like malai kofta and shahi paneer. It gives them a rich, creamy texture and a deliciously nutty flavour.
– It can be added to soups and salads, cakes, muffins and biscuits.
– Many Indian desserts like kheer and gajar ka halwa (Carrot Halwa) require the addition of cashews.
– Cashew burfi or Kaju burfi as it is called in India is another wonderful sweet delicacy generously prepared with cashews.
– They are a popular snack food and can be eaten as is or roasted and salted.