Keema or Queema is a popular south Asian meat dish made up of minced meat. Keema tastes delicious with Indian flat-breads (chapati, naan or paratha). Shan Keema Masala does not contain any meat or meat extracts, no artificial colour or flavour.
Shan Recipe: Keema
– Ground / Minced Meat – 1kg (beef/mutton/chicken)
– Onions – 3 medium, finely chopped/300g
– Garlic paste – 1-2 tbsp/50g
– Ginger paste – 1-2 tbsp
– Green Chillies – 3-4 medium, finely chopped
– Fresh coriander / Cilantro – 2tbsps chopped
– Tomatoes – 2, medium diced / 150g
– Ghee/Oil – 1-1½ cups/175-250g
– Shan Keema Curry Mix – 1 Packet, mix in ½ cup water (use less for mild spice)
1. In hot ghee/oil fry/sauté the onions for 10 minutes or until transprent. Add garlic, ginger and Shan Keema Spice Mix and minced meat. Stir fry for a few minutes until liquid nearly dries up.
2. Add tomatoes and 1-2 cups of water. Cover and cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes or until the minced meat is tender.
3. Add green chillies, fresh coriander and cook until ghee/oil separates from the minced meat. Stir frequently.
4. For gravy: Add 12 cups of water and bring to boil. Then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
5. Serve hot with roti or naan.
Shan Mix Ingredients
Coriander, Red Chilli, Paprika, Himalayan Pink Salt, Onion, Turmeric, Ginger, Black Pepper, Cumin Seeds, Cinnamon, Cloves, Green Cardamom, Bay Leaves, Garlic, Brown Cardamom, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Silicondioxide (anti-caking agent).
There are no reviews yet.