Why is it a healthy option?
A classic South Indian food made with fermented rice and black gram, idlis are a great source of carbohydrates and proteins.
The fermentation process increases the bioavailability of proteins and enhances the vitamin B content of the food.
As it is steamed, fat content is low and it is easily digestible.
Use of dal and rice in idli is a good combination as the amino acids in them complement each other.
Benefits of idli
• It is easy to digest and get flushed out easily.
• Idli is highly nutritious. You can make it more nutritious by adding vegetables to the sambar. And the coconut chutney is also delicious in same time highly nutritious.
• If you have steamed Idli with citrus juices then it will help to prevent carbohydrate of rice to deposit in the body.
• Idli is a light dish so it is not all difficult to digest.
• Fermented Idli is rich protein, vitamin and carbohydrates.
• Idli contains no saturated fat.
• Idli contains very low sodium so it is very healthy for heart.
• Idli has iron, calcium, folate, vitamin A and vitamin B.
• Rava idlis are good for diabetic patients as it is made of whole wheat.
Overall Idli is wonderful to taste as is highly nutritious. So Idli is ideal for a complete breakfast or meal. It provides all the necessary energy and nutrition a body requires.
There are no reviews yet.