Coconut Milk Health Benefits
One of the interesting coconut milk nutrition facts is that it contains a very high level of saturated fats, but the saturated fats found in coconut milk are mainly short and medium chain fatty acids, which are usually not stored by the body as fats. Instead, such short and medium chain fatty acids have been found to provide instant energy to the body. Apart from these fatty acids, coconut milk contains many other essential nutrients, which can be attributed for several health benefits. Some of the most important benefits of coconut milk are explained below:
- A major part of the fats found in coconut milk is lauric acid, which has been found to exhibit antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. This fatty acid can boost the immune system and its disease fighting ability.
- Lauric acid can also be helpful in maintaining the elasticity of the blood vessels and in keeping them clean, which can lower the risk for conditions like, atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- Coconut milk also contains several antioxidant compounds, which can provide protection against the harmful free radicals and their damaging effects on the body cells and tissues.
- Coconut milk can improve the health of the digestive system and promote digestion. It can relieve the symptoms of stomach ulcers and acid reflux disease as well.
- Coconut milk can give about 22% of the recommended daily allowance of iron. With such a high level of iron, it can help to treat anemia caused by iron deficiency.
- Apart from these, coconut milk may help to relax the nerves and the muscles, control blood sugar level, lower blood pressure and reduce joint inflammation.
There are no reviews yet.